I can’t believe that I have never written about one of my favorite organization tools. They’re little, but they’re so cute and so versatile. What are they: mini, sticky tabs and flags! A Post-it by any other name is just as sweet (no, this is not a commercial). It usually works just as well, too. Let’s take a look at several different categories in which we can use sticky flags: bookmarks, textbooks, homeschooling, home management, Bible, other stuff.
The most obvious (to me) usage for Post-it flags is as bookmarks. Let’s get a bit more specific, though, then we’ll add to the list.
o Sections to reread
· Textbook markers
o Start teaching
o Extra study
o Instead of highlighting in borrowed books
o Please help, Mom!
o Quick reference
§ Check lists
· Bible markers
· Manuals for quick reference
· Start/stop workbook sections
· Corrections in homework to be done
· Instead of tabbed dividers in 3-ring binders
· Mark information in file folders
· Sign here designations
· Mark important information for others (boss) to read/note
· On calendar/by door for stuff to take out the door
· To do
o In a book
o On a steering wheel
o On a calendar
o Beside the door
· Mark musical selections in a longer piece of music
· Favorite recipes
· Grocery lists
· Wrap around toothpicks for herb/plant markers and cupcakes
Disclaimer: while I love these little guys like nobody’s business, I did a quick poll of some friends, who graciously added to my list.
Q4U: What are your favorite uses for Post-it flags?