Monday, January 23, 2012

The Ultimate Prescription (book review)

 . . . What the Medical Profession Isn't Telling You. Are more prescriptions really the answer to our wide-spread health issues? "Take 2 and call me in the morning" just isn't cutting it anymore.

Board-certified cardiologist Dr. James Marcum explains the biblical plan for spiritual and physical health that will help us feel energetic and beat stress naturally. I don't know about you, but this fits in nicely with my New Year's resolution to be more healthy and more natural.

Marcum reviews the 7 days of creation and then explains how each element (air, water, rest, etc) is necessary for our well being. That's our ultimate prescription. Simple, yet complex in our modern-day lives. On the road of life, God is not a police officer; rather, he is our support team. Marcum says that God's love and God's directions will set us free from the stressors that can cause heart problems--and many other chronic health issues, I suspect.

Purchase your own copy from CBD or Amazon.

Disclaimer: Tyndale provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for a review; however, the opinions expressed are my own.