Thursday, January 5, 2012

Longing (book review)

Bailey is longing for a romantic relationship. Leaving ends with a long silence from Cody. When Brandon Paul, the handsome movie star, pursues Bailey, she thinks she's found what she's looking for in a future mate. Considering the huge romantic gestures he makes and the amount of attention he lavishes, I can't say I blame her. But, Cody hasn't disappeared from Bailey's life forever. Who else would he call when he need encouragement? Why would Bailey's heart respond as it does if she's completely over Cody?

I think Karen persuaded me to switch from team Cody to team Brandon in this book! No one but Karen Kingsbury elicits such heart-involvement with characters. Karen writes for today's readers--not last decade's readers. I'm waiting with baited breath for the Bailey Flannigan finale, Loving, due out this March.

Disclaimer: Zondervan provided me with a free e-copy of this book through Net Galley. The opinions expressed are solely my own.