Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Christmas Journey Home (book review)

A Christmas Journey Home: Miracle in the Manger (Understanding the Books of the Bible)
I've got strong opinions about illegals sneaking over American borders, and I bet some of you do, too. Well, thanks to Kathi Macias's A Christmas Journey Home, I have a whole new perspective on the issue! Isabella, an illegal immigrant hoping for a better life, and Miriam, mourning the death of her border-patrol husband, seem  to be separated by more than a boundary line. One woman's journey has brought her closer to God, while the other woman's journey has brought her further from God. But, miracles happen on Christmas Eve. 



Written with sensitivity and insight, A Christmas Journey Home drew my sympathies on both sides of the border. Instead of the fluffy, easy holiday read I expected (I should have known better with Kathi's book!), I received a thought-provoking fictionalization of the real-life drama that happens every day here in our country as well as in Mexico.

I highly recommend A Christmas Journey Home, and it would make a perfect gift for the readers on your list. All of Kathi's books can be purchased through Amazon.

Disclaimer: I received this book as a gift from the author with no strings attached. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.