Monday, August 15, 2011

My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife (book review)

my so called life P31 cover
Sara Horn is a real person. Usually when I read books about the Proverbs 31 Wife or another type of biblically based womanhood, I come away feeling deflated and defeated. Okay, I often feel that way just looking at the cover! Anyway, My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife is for all of us real women with real lives out there. If Sara has a sink full of dirty dishes and uses frozen meals as a base for her dinners, there’s hope for me, too. Or maybe being a Proverbs 31 wife isn’t about clean dishes and totally-from-scratch meals.
When I started laughing on the first page, I knew it was going to be a good book. Just as Sara thinks she’s got this whole Proverbs 31 Wife thing figured out, her life situation changes. We walk together through her experimental year and learn what it means to be a godly woman, how important it is to invest in faith and in family, and how even mistakes can be used to grow spiritually. I’ve been inspired to rethink the whole ideal wife thing, and so will you.
Harvest House Publishers provided me with a free review copy of this book via Net Galley in exchange for my opinion, but the views expressed are my own. Find out where to pick up your own copy here.