Monday, July 25, 2011

Win a Ticket to Heart of the Matter’s Online Homeschool Conference!

conference-button-speaker-aug-11

 

What is an “online conference”?
A conference in your jammies!! An online audio conference uses the Internet as a conference venue. You will be able to access the conference from anywhere in the world using simple browser software which we provide. This software is compatible with all computers including Macs. All you need is a computer, internet connection, and speakers!

The conference will happen in real time but it will be recorded so if you can’t be there then you can still download the sessions to listen to at your convenience.

What you can expect:

  • Live sessions, entirely online, with some of the homeschooling community’s most popular speakers and authors.
  • Free access to download and save the MP3′s from all the sessions, as well as all the handouts, chat logs, and presentations.
  • Participation in real-time question and answer sessions with all of your favorite speakers.
  • A Swag Bag full of downloadable goodies.
  • A chance to win some amazing door prizes (during last year’s conference, we gave away $2000 worth of giveaways!)
  • The opportunity to make some new life-long friends and experience some fun and fellowship. Read what attendees have said about previous Heart of the Matter online conferences.

I will be speaking Monday, August 8 at 12:30 p.m. EST. My topic is “Study Skills for Grades 7-12,” and I’ll have a great PowerPoint Presentation that you can view on your computer while you listen. Of course, I’m still working on that part, but it’ll be ready on time. I’ll also be providing a handout that you can download for your reference. I hope you’ll join me!

Now comes the fun part! As a speaker, I get to give away a ticket—totally free!—to one of my totally fab readers. I will select a random winner from the comments below. So, if you’re a homeschooler and you want some pre-autumn encouragement from the comfort of your own home, leave your name and email address (or another way to contact you) in a comment below this post. If you’re viewing this post on Facebook, please click through to my blog and leave a comment there. The winner will be chosen and notified on Thursday, July 28, so the contest closes at midnight (EST) on Wednesday. As always, if you have any questions, let me know.