Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Just Can’t Help Myself!

I’ve done it again. I’ve rearranged the schoolroom. Twice in one day, actually. The underlying reason behind this particular need to rearrange is that the sun was still causing a glare on my computer screen during the day.
school room 003So, the first arrangement today consisted of pushing my desk and bookshelf forward to be against the far wall. Of course, I had to move the school supplies shelf, too.
That wasn’t bad; I liked having my bulleting board right in front of my desk so I could actually see what’s on it. BUT, the sun still glared on my computer screen. “Fail, Mom.”
Back to the drawing board. This time, we put my desk perpendicular to the window and my school room 008bookshelf beside it as it has been for a while. This created a narrow hallway between the other side of the bookshelf and the wall (this room is extremely skinny). I’ve been informed that the early morning light will still reflect on my computer screen. We’ll see. Of course, this meant that the school supplies shelf got moved back to its original position, although you can’t really see it from this angle.
Q4U: How is your school space arranged, whether it’s a dedicated space, your kitchen table, or a dining nook?
Bethany