Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lady in Waiting

Lady in Waiting    -     
        By: Susan Meissner

Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner is a fascinating read. Lady Jane Grey of 16th-century England and Jane Lindsay of 21st-century Manhattan have more in common than their name and an old ring. As the former struggles with a fate and a marriage decided by others, the latter struggles with a walk-out husband and a life she didn't plan for herself. Do the men in their lives really control their destinies? What will Jane Lindsay discover about herself in her quest to discover more about the antique ring she's found?





Meissner does it again: she's written yet another book that I couldn't put down once I picked it up! She seamlessly weaves together gripping, real-life stories of women centuries apart with real-life applications for her readers. I found out, as did both Janes, that I have more control over my destiny than I sometimes feel. We all make our own choices, no matter what influences are over and around us.

Disclosure: I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.