Friday, January 28, 2011

DIY Designer Bulletin Board

Y'all have already seen my fabulous new desk, bookshelf, and accessories, right? If not, be sure to take a look. Well, I had this old, boring bulletin board hanging around, and I decided I wanted to snazz it up some to match the rest of my (non) office (aka the school room).

I stapled quilt batting to the cork board, bought some really cool black & white fabric (about 1/2 a yard, with a smidgen left over - be sure to measure how much you need first!). Then I cut the fabric to the size of the frame (about 1/2 inch bigger on all sides than the actual cork). Then I folded under each edge and hot glued it to the inside edge of the frame. No sewing required!

Here's before: 
 
Here's the process: 


Here's after:


Here it is with my stuff on it. I think I need non-pink sticky notes & 3x5 cards. 

Q4U: Ever done anything like this before? Inspired to try something new? Let me know!