Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Collectorz

The Book Collector Pro from Collectorz is a computerized database of your personal library. It’s a downloadable program for either PC or MAC. While no other purchase is necessary, Collectorz does feature several different scanners for book barcodes to make entering your book collection easier.

Short videos on the Collectorz Manual website thoroughly explain and visually show each step of the process. You can even link audio and e-book files from your computer automatically. No need to enter tons of information; you can enter books with just the title and author, ISBN number, or scan the ISBN barcode using one of the devices sold on the website. Collectorz automatically finds a cover image and other details on the Internet and adds them to your information. Share your database, keep track of books you loan out, print lists, categorize, customize, and more. The Collectorz Book Edition is a handy tool for homeschoolers or any bibliophile.

One major drawback was that I only received the free, 30-day trial! I would love to keep this program considering that I have thousands of books, so I may be purchasing the full edition for myself. An annoying feature is that when I entered just the title and author, too many options would show up and I had to pull the book out to check the ISBN number anyway. Other than that, it was really easy to enter books. My girls are also bibliophiles and can’t wait to catalog their own books. The cool thing about the Book Collector Pro Edition is that they can each have their own lists.

Check out Collectorz with a free trial or purchase the Book Collector Pro Edition for $49.95, the Standard Edition for $24.95, and the Connect Edition (online or smart phone access only) for $19.95. In addition to cataloguing books, you can also organize movies, mp3 files, comics, games, photos, and music with other Collectorz database programs.

For more opinions and reviews, check out the official TOS Review Crew blog @ http://homeschoolblogger.com/homeschoolcrew/783319/

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”