Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Molly's $7 Slow-Cooker Recipes (review)

I think that the Crock-Pot is one of the greatest inventions ever. The only thing better is having a variety of tasty recipes from which to choose. Molly to the rescue! In Molly Makes $7 Slow-Cooker Suppers, you’ll find 140 recipes in all categories: soups and stews, chicken, beef, pork, meatless, and sandwiches, plus bonus sections with sides, breakfasts, and desserts. Molly includes some of the basics you’d expect to see such as Pork Chops and Gravy, Chicken and Rice, and Chili. In addition, she incorporates some unexpected and fun recipes such as Taco Soup, German Potato Salad, and Chocolate Cake. Also included are tips for freezer-friendly beef and chicken broth (I’m trying the chicken broth later this week) and tips for converting traditional recipes into Crock-Pot recipes (very handy).

What makes Molly Makes $7 Slow-Cooker Suppers different from Molly Makes $5 Dinners? Half of the recipes portray mouth-watering real-life photographs. Try not to drool on the pages! In addition, each and every recipe has been taste tested by an independent panel and their homey comments and suggestions are printed for you to see. How cool is that?

One of the most handy features is a breakdown of the costs for each meal by ingredient. Many of the recipes cost less than $7, so you can really save money. I think my favorite feature (after the Chocolate Cake recipe) will be the conversion chart. I can now make many of my favorite meals without slaving over the stove all day. Be sure to check out more helpful hints from Molly on her Econobusters Web site. Purchase Molly Makes $7 Slow-Cooker Suppers for yourself at the TOS Store.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”