Since I made my goals public, I thought I'd review my progress so far. Below is my original post, 2010 Goals. The action steps I took in January are GREEN. The steps I have yet to take are RED.
1. Take my writing to a new level.
- Finish working through An Introduction to Christian Writing, by Ethel Herr, including the exercises.
- Work through For the Write Reason, by Mary Beth Whalen
- Send out at least one new magazine article query per month (sent a proposal for several and wrote one e-book for TOS; I figured that counts)
- Follow up on old queries (I'm going to get to that ASAP!)
- Put together a working outline, sample chapters, and proposal of The Book
- Read through My Utmost for His Highest (again)
- Keep a daily journal (mostly - I've missed only a few days)
- Read through the book of Psalms
- Hold a spring paper monster seminar (my house again?)
- Check on speaking at the HINTS Bookfair this summer
- Hold another early fall organization seminar (bigger audience/venue)
- Another exciting opportunity presented itself to hold webinars. I'm currently exploring that possibility.
- Follow the elimination diet (Balsam of Peru & Sugar Sensitivity) to find out my sensitivities and allergies (Unfortunately, I think I may have uncovered some other food sensitivities. I'm currently undergoing some tests.)
- Exercise at least 5 days a week
- Cut back significantly on processed foods
- No surgeries, broken bones or major health issues! (I had all 3 last year.)